Wednesday, April 09, 2008

SOA Testing using Parallels on MacBook Pro

I have finally moved over from XP to Mac and I am loving it. Now I do have a number of applications that I will probably not migrate away from - such as the MS Office Suite that I purchased for my MacBook Pro - it works like a charm and has a number of goodies that weren't available on my XP.

I also can't live without Visio and heavily use Crosscheck Networks products, SOAPSonar and SOAPSimulator - applications that are not available natively for Mac's, however, Parallels comes to the rescue. For $79.99, Parallels Desktop 3.0 for Mac has been a great investment. It is easy-to-use, fast and the images of your Operating Systems can be moved around easily. I don't know how it compares to VMWare, but I have no complaints about Parallels, yet. I like Parallels' Full Screen Mode and Coherence Mode that lets your Windows apps appear as if they are running natively within Mac OS X Leopard.





The image above shows SOAPSonar (a .NET-based SOA Testing Application) running in Parallels on a MacBook Pro.

No comments: